Gerald Hayes

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
Yeah. NFL.com's stats feature kind of... Sucks. This site from Stats, Inc. and ESPN.com might give some better info.

Thanks. That's what I was looking for. 17 tackles 2 Asst. and 1 forced fumble in the 4 games that Thompson missed. Not a bad December for a rook.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Pariah said:
You know, I don't think anyone has a problem with Canada nor Canadians, but people will make light-hearted cracks simply because you call yourself a Canuck in your handle. I think you need to lighten up a bit, nobody is out to slander (or libel, as the case may be) Canada.

If I called you a "Canucklehead," would you be offended? You shouldn't, it would just be in good fun, just like if you called me a "American war-mongering, capitalist pig." We'd all laugh until our bellies hurt.

Good times; good times.

pariah, do you alternatively go by the moniker "dirty phil" . . . he's only other person i've ever heard routinely throw the "good times, good times" line out there.

Fitzfan1

Reaction score
I watched a lot of Gerald Hayes while he played at Pitt. His size was never an issue. This guy understands the game and knows where to be and when to be there. He always was around the ball and his tackling ability was very solid. It was very rare for him to have a shot at a runner and not make the play. Given a chance Hayes will be a very, very good LB for Arizonia.

Now that Arizonia has both Hayes and Fitzgerald I may need to become a Cardinals fan. Actually I liked the Cardinals years ago when they were still in St. Louis. Ah, but they moved on, and now so have I. Let's go Rams!:D

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
pariah, do you alternatively go by the moniker "dirty phil" . . . he's only other person i've ever heard routinely throw the "good times, good times" line out there.
Nope. I've only got the one. I don;t know where it's from originally, but it's something we used to say a lot in college. It must be from a movie or a show or a comedian or something if others are using it.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Fitzfan1 said:
I watched a lot of Gerald Hayes while he played at Pitt. His size was never an issue. This guy understands the game and knows where to be and when to be there. He always was around the ball and his tackling ability was very solid. It was very rare for him to have a shot at a runner and not make the play. Given a chance Hayes will be a very, very good LB for Arizonia.

Now that Arizonia has both Hayes and Fitzgerald I may need to become a Cardinals fan. Actually I liked the Cardinals years ago when they were still in St. Louis. Ah, but they moved on, and now so have I. Let's go Rams!:D
Dude that ship is sinking jump ship. The Cards are going to be the new power in the WEST very very soon!

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Pariah said:
Nope. I've only got the one. I don;t know where it's from originally, but it's something we used to say a lot in college. It must be from a movie or a show or a comedian or something if others are using it.

I know I used to say it a lot. I got it from an SNL skit from about 5 years back.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Pariah said:

Can we get back to discussing Football... :D

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
I hadn't really thought about that. You may be right. Did Dallas really have the best D in the NFL last season? Good lord. That being said, though, the LBs that you mention besides Nguyen have two massive DTs in front of them. It's easier to be a small "mike" when you're almost totally protected from linemen.

I agree, things don't look good for him. I wish nothing but the best for the kid, but if it's better for Fisher to play Special Teams and the Cards win 10 games, so be it. I just don't like hearing people say that Fisher is injury-prone when he started 16 games this season and only had preventative surgery this off-season (as L.J. Shelton did this season and, I believe, last season). I think that if Fisher is healthy, he'll win the job. I do think it's possible that Hayes might take Raynoch's job on the opposite side this season (if Fisher is healthy).

Are you really considering Laroi Glover a Massive DT? Hes only 6'2" 285???