Marion

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
your absolutely right - and if he had more than two good series in SIX YEARS of playoff basketball (and 7 years in the league - I mean if Chris is gonna laugh at KG's stats in the playoff the last two years, wwe might as well be consistent... unlike Shawn), and he kept his mumbling mouth shut about being an MVP - he wouldn't get the heat he does here - but he hasn't and he did - so, until he proves that the Mavs and Dallas series were the norm instead of the exception to the rule, he'll continue to be criticized and rightly so.

My joke about KG was he has zero playoff stats in two years. Nothing more. I would love Garnett to be in a Suns uniform.

I don't pay attention to what Marion thinks about himself. My concern is about what he does on the court. So far, he needs definite improvement in the playoffs. He has shown he can do it in the past. Last year until he got smacked by Bowen, he was one of our best players in the playoffs. Of course people don't remember him abusing Nowitzki because he got abused in a different matchup.

To clarify, I don't love Marion. Sometimes I really like him, sometimes he is disappointing. I think he does get little credit for the things he does well and I think he gets too much abuse from the fans for the things he does poorly. He kind of reminds me of Marjele right before we shipped him out.

I believe he will eventually be traded.

Actually there is one thing I do love about Marion. He is an asset to the community. He does a lot of good and charitable things and never does it to get attention (no notifying the press before he does it)

After the wife beatings, drunk drivings, cocaine snorting, cousin killing and myriad of other crimes...it's nice to have a team that I am not embarrassed of off the court.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:
My joke about KG was he has zero playoff stats in two years. Nothing more. I would love Garnett to be in a Suns uniform.

I don't pay attention to what Marion thinks about himself. My concern is about what he does on the court. So far, he needs definite improvement in the playoffs. He has shown he can do it in the past. Last year until he got smacked by Bowen, he was one of our best players in the playoffs. Of course people don't remember him abusing Nowitzki because he got abused in a different matchup.

To clarify, I don't love Marion. Sometimes I really like him, sometimes he is disappointing. I think he does get little credit for the things he does well and I think he gets too much abuse from the fans for the things he does poorly. He kind of reminds me of Marjele right before we shipped him out.

I believe he will eventually be traded.

Actually there is one thing I do love about Marion. He is an asset to the community. He does a lot of good and charitable things and never does it to get attention (no notifying the press before he does it)

After the wife beatings, drunk drivings, cocaine snorting, cousin killing and myriad of other crimes...it's nice to have a team that I am not embarrassed of off the court.

i'm cool with all that - and to tell the truth, I don't hate Marion - I'm just a passionate man of extremes - as they "getting my butt kicked" story illustrates.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
marions a good player for now but down the road I dont think he has the outside game to be a big money player past 32 years once he loses his freak abilities. Trade him now his value will never be better it may sound cruel but you need to make these tough moves or risk having a bad contract that is not easy to move.

Last edited:

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
I agree he won't be as good in the future but I think he's an important part of the team now when we get everyone healthy. I think that team can win it all and when he does and has his best season of his career next year which I think he will at 29, he will be better to trade then.

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
32 and 19... okay Marion critics... he may have contributed to losses.... but he is also responsible for huge wins... incredible!

Nasser22

Reaction score
Not 31 and 19... 31 19 4 and 4 on 50% shooting. Yes! I knew he would have a good game after not being on the all-defensive team.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Man I wish he would adjust his free throw shooting. I have a heart attack when he goes to the line with some big throws to make. But I guess it works for him.
I have no idea how?!:eek:

BTW - Nice game Shawn M.

Oh yea, he sucks -

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hot damn CROW TASTES GOOD!!!!! HMMMMM!!!!!

Seriously, we need to criticize this guy more if this is the result. MONSTEROUS game from him otnight - absolutely MONSTEROUS.

Nasser22

Reaction score
I hate Marion! He's the most overrated pile of **** in the NBA!

Now have some more games like this and you can have Nash's MVP trophy! :-D

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously, when he gets 15/6 in Game 4, does Cheesebeef win a refrigerator or something?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forrestham said:
I hear the thuds coming off the "Trade Marion Bandwagon"

because of one game? Come on mna - we're ALL stoked at his play tongith and he was an absolute MONSTER - still doens't mean if you have a chance to get KG (and NO ONE ELSE - wouldn't include Marion for anything else) you don't do it in a heartbeat.

Regardless, he was HUGE - just HUGE tonight. Cab't say enough about his play on all end sof the court tonight - shutting down Cassel, rebounding, steals, clutch shots, 32 points - just sick.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
This is funny. Just a few days ago nearly everyone was hammering on Marion. Me included. He has one good game and everyone is back on the Marion bandwagon.

I'm sticking to my guns. One good game does not make up for complete reversal in the playoffs every year.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WastedFate said:
This is funny. Just a few days ago nearly everyone was hammering on Marion. Me included. He has one good game and everyone is back on the Marion bandwagon.

I'm sticking to my guns. One good game does not make up for complete reversal in the playoffs every year.

you're overstating here - no one who was "off" the bandwagon is on it now - we're just celebrating a great game. Why try to start trouble after a game like tonight? Come on dude - I'm asmuch a "hater" as anyone with Shawn, but the guy was damn near incredible tonight shutting down the alien, rebounding and hitting the biggest shots of the series so far.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Also, all of this "KG isn't coming to Phoenix" talk may be untrue. Apparently a deal was very close to being done which WOULD have brough KG here at the trading deadline. I remember hearing about this on XTRA910 months back.

However, Phoenix wanted to wait and see what was going to happen with Amare, and I believe that Minny backed out at the last minute. I guarantee that if KG asked to be traded, Phoenix will be one of the first options. They will not find a better deal that what the Suns would be able to put together.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
WastedFate said:

He is what he is. He's stepping up now. That's ATM>

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
you're overstating here - no one who was "off" the bandwagon is on it now - we're just celebrating a great game. Why try to start trouble after a game like tonight? Come on dude - I'm asmuch a "hater" as anyone with Shawn, but the guy was damn near incredible tonight shutting down the alien, rebounding and hitting the biggest shots of the series so far.

Sorry if I come off as hostile. I am actually a Marion fan. He just drives me absolutely nuts in the playoffs! :D

I for one would love to see him destroy everyone for the remainder of the playoffs and make me choke on my words.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WastedFate said:
Sorry if I come off as hostile. I am actually a Marion fan. He just drives me absolutely nuts in the playoffs! :D

I for one would love to see him destroy everyone for the remainder of the playoffs and make me choke on my words.

I hope you choke on your words, too. :D

HooverDam

Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
because of one game? Come on mna - we're ALL stoked at his play tongith and he was an absolute MONSTER - still doens't mean if you have a chance to get KG (and NO ONE ELSE - wouldn't include Marion for anything else) you don't do it in a heartbeat.

The Suns have NO chance at landing KG, so you can just stop worrying about it. The Wolves arent going to trade away the Big Ticket and completely cannibalize their fan base and ticket sales. With a good FA signing or two and a good 1st round draft choice, the Wolves can be right back in the playoffs. They certainly aren't going to trade KG for a player (marion) that only hardcore basketball fans appreciate.

Either way, I have a proposition: Lets shut up all the trade X, do Z for the OFF SEASON. We'll be plenty bored then. For now, I find it much more interesting to talk Xs and Os about LAC and the games we are actually getting to see. There hasn't been nearly enough Xs and Os talk in this series in comparison to the continued talk about LAL/Kobe, who to trade, etc.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great game from Shawn Marion. Imagine if he could have made his layups. He would have had 45 points! (Sorry, I couldn't help it)

I think cheese and I pretty much agree on Shawn Marion. It's not that I just want to unload him. I would jump at the opportunity to get KG though if it actually ever exists. I can't think of any other trades involving Marion that I would excited about.

Anyways, he needs to follow this up with another great game and start making those layups!

Joe

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Unbelievable that you guys are still talking about trading Marion, right in the middle of the playoffs, even after his 32 pt. 19 reb, Cassel shut down performance last night.

Don't be hatin', get on board the Marion bandwagon

:cheers: :thewave: :fans: :rockon: :bday: :bday: :fans: :rockon: :thewave: :stick: :band: :suns: :fans: :band: