Marion

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
devilalum said:
Marion missed those free throws because he just got the crap knocked out of him on Brands FLAGRANT foul.

Anybody that still says Marion is a playoff choker is crazy. He may not put up All Star numbers every night but he has now had a few monster games. Even his so called bad games have really been ok.
Well... Marion came to play today, definitely! But, we can't overlook consistent disappearing in playoffs.

Let's just enjoy today's win!

jibikao

Reaction score
devilalum said:
Marion missed those free throws because he just got the crap knocked out of him on Brands FLAGRANT foul.

Anybody that still says Marion is a playoff choker is crazy. He may not put up All Star numbers every night but he has now had a few monster games. Even his so called bad games have really been ok.

Well, I did say it's an A game performance. I don't think it's an A+ 'cause we could have sealed the win with at least 1 Free throw made. It's A game and congrats to him.

Like I said, if we are not getting KG, don't trade Marion.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
devilalum said:

It wasn't flagrant, but it was a hard foul. I don't think Elton Brand is capable of giving a flagrant foul.

Everyone can have a few monster games--Anthony Johnson, anyone? Marion is still one of the top player in the league, but if he can't have some sort of consistency in the playoffs, why do we still keep him? I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but there's got to be a time where you look at him and wonder if there might be something better.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
TucsonDevil said:
Not only was Matrix HUGE, but his stock continues to rise. If we did decide to trade him, we could maximize our return.

Marion is a much better compliment to Amare than KG. If we had Amare right now we'd be waiting for the Mavs and the Mavs would be pissin their pants trying to figure out what to do about it.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
It wasn't flagrant, but it was a hard foul. I don't think Elton Brand is capable of giving a flagrant foul.

Everyone can have a few monster games--Anthony Johnson, anyone? Marion is still one of the top player in the league, but if he can't have some sort of consistency in the playoffs, why do we still keep him? I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but there's got to be a time where you look at him and wonder if there might be something better.

It wa flagrant, he hit him from behind on a break away and who else would have given the Suns 32 and 20 against one of the best rebounding teams in the league?

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Great game by Marion. When this guy decides to play, he is an amazing player. I just want to see Marion do this more often.

Also, that was NOT a flagrant foul. Elton Brand would never do such a thing.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
devilalum said:
It wa flagrant, he hit him from behind on a break away and who else would have given the Suns 32 and 20 against one of the best rebounding teams in the league?

Brand was going for the ball--a flagrant is defined as not going for the ball. It wasn't flagrant, it was a hard foul. And at a time of the game that the refs would not call a flagrant, ESPECIALLY on a star player.

jibikao

Reaction score
devilalum said:

I, too, thought it was a flagrant because Marion was flying high in the air. That could really cause serious injuries and Marion did look like he got knocked out for a few seconds. At that time, Clipper could do nothing but to foul and they did. The only reason it wasn't a flagrant is because Clipper doesn't play dirty. Anybody would have tried to stop that ball. Marion knew it was coming. Nobody is going to give up a layup at that time.

However, the point is he had to at least make one and we would have 1pt lead. I am not blaming the loss of 4th on Marion because Nash made that terrible 3pt and TT didn't call a timeout. I am just saying he didn't have an A+ game because he should have at least made one (or made more layups in clutch time). How many times did he get blocked with that soft layup in clutch time?

Last edited:

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
devilalum said:

He was going for the ball, and if you watch carefully, you'll see as they are both going down, Brand is trying to keep Marion from falling down on the ground.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
KG is a pipe dream but even if it did happen the guy is a chemistry nightmare. How many teammates has he assaulted and how many playoff wins does he have to show for his little Hitler leadership style?

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Brand was going for the ball--a flagrant is defined as not going for the ball. It wasn't flagrant, it was a hard foul. And at a time of the game that the refs would not call a flagrant, ESPECIALLY on a star player.

Well the whole Suns bench was screaming for a flagrant.

jibikao

Reaction score
devilalum said:
KG is a pipe dream but even if it did happen the guy is a chemistry nightmare. How many teammates has he assaulted and how many playoff wins does he have to show for his little Hitler leadership style?

I thought I hate KG... lol

I don't like KG and I don't think he is a leader-type of player but I do think he compliments really well. That's the only reason why I want him on this team.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
from hero (through 3) to goat (in the fourth) to hero again - THAT'S WHY MARION GETS ON MY NERVES SO MUCH!!!!

But holy crap - gotta give him props tonight - we weathered a poor foruth from him and Nash, he stepped up in OT2 and he ended the game with 36 and 20 in the crucial Game 5 - huge game.

This team is just re-*******-diculous!

And that wasn't a flagrant foul - but who cares if it was - WE WON.

Now put Nash on the bench for Game 6 so he can be aready to go for Game 7 (we ain't winning 6 anyway and Nash needs the rest, not only to end this round, BUT TO TAKE DOWN THAT WEAK-SAUCE MAVS SQUAD IN THE CONFERENCE FINALS!!!!)

This team is taking years off of my life.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
SirStefan32 said:

Actually its true IMO. Unfortunately some people just prefer to have team filled with superstars then just building around 1 or 2.

With KG and Amare on the same team you'd have them fight over the ball and they'd both clog up the lane. I doubt KG would like to be a jumpshooter.

Besides the point the KG to Phoenix trade idea is nothing more then a dream IMO. If he gets traded he's going out east

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
SirStefan32 said:
He was going for the ball, and if you watch carefully, you'll see as they are both going down, Brand is trying to keep Marion from falling down on the ground.

I still don't agree but either way Marion missed the free throws because he was recovering from getting knocked senseless.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Huge effort from Marion. He still had fumblitis, went up soft too many times, and needs to stop shooting threes, but he showed tremendous heart. This win probably puts the Suns in the WCF, and he deserves a lot of the credit.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
from hero (through 3) to goat (in the fourth) to hero again - THAT'S WHY MARION GETS ON MY NERVES SO MUCH!!!!

But holy crap - gotta give him props tonight - we weathered a poor foruth from him and Nash, he stepped up in OT2 and he ended the game with 36 and 20 in the crucial Game 5 - huge game.

This team is just re-*******-diculous!

And that wasn't a flagrant foul - but who cares if it was - WE WON.

Now put Nash on the bench for Game 6 so he can be aready to go for Game 7 (we ain't winning 6 anyway and Nash needs the rest, not only to end this round, BUT TO TAKE DOWN THAT WEAK-SAUCE MAVS SQUAD IN THE CONFERENCE FINALS!!!!)

This team is taking years off of my life.

Agreed it wasn't a flagrant, it looked like it at first but that was mostly due to the fall. In a weird way it looked like Brand accidentally got his hand caught on Marions jersey and threw his head to the ground

What a game

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
Actually its true IMO. Unfortunately some people just prefer to have team filled with superstars then just building around 1 or 2.

With KG and Amare on the same team you'd have them fight over the ball and they'd both clog up the lane. I doubt KG would like to be a jumpshooter.

Besides the point the KG to Phoenix trade idea is nothing more then a dream IMO. If he gets traded he's going out east

I agree that there is no chance in hell that Garnett is going to be a Phoenix Sun.

As far as cloging the lane I don't think it would be a problem. Both of them are versitile enough to play inside and hang out at the free throw line and knock down jumpers.

Fight over the ball and shots- you might have a point there.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
Not everybody considers him the goat.

He's a second tier all star. He's not gonna dominate every game but he ALWAYS plays hard. The reason I always come to his defence is because the guy ALWAYS leaves it on the floor.

ALWAYS!

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
A++++++++++ game by The Matrix.

36 and 20 is SICK --- and from a 6-7 player? In a critical playoff game? Pardon my french, mods, but that is just ******* SICK.

Him and Bell tonight - wow!

Slammed to the floor - guarding the other teams best players throughout the game - twisted ankle - clutch effort and rebounds and steals and baskets - the list goes on and on.

I have to seriously ask: WHAT MORE DO YOU PEOPLE WANT?!

Face reality: this team is seriously undermanned for the bruising NBA playoffs. Yet, they have the most heart and fight and soul I've seen in watching pro ball for 25 years. There is NO quit in them.

To question any of these dudes commitment or heart or worth or anything, at this stage, is just wrong. To talk about trading any of them just reeks of missing the wonderful green grass in front of your house while admiring the neighbor's lawn across the street.

Heck, yer breaking one of the 10 Basketball Commandments:

Thou shalt not covet another team's players whilst thy team is still kicking butt in the playoffs!! :D

---------

Last edited:

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Marion with another huge performance, reminds me of last year against dallas.. where he scored 38 and grabbed 18 rebounds in a win.

this time.. 36 and 20 reobounds... this guys has been hated on..

to tell you the truth, even Garnett will struggle to put up those numbers.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Marion scrapped us to a win. His offensive rebounds kept us in the game. I don't want to hear about KG.