OT: Josh Gordon-Again

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just shows how tough it is to kick a habit. As someone who never smoked, for a long time I thought, why don't smokers, just quit. Over the years, I now know better. It's a tough thing to do. But it can be done.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Just shows how tough it is to kick a habit. As someone who never smoked, for a long time I thought, why don't smokers, just quit. Over the years, I now know better. It's a tough thing to do. But it can be done.

All vices are tough to quit, the issue here of course is that some vices are illegal and some are not. What is illegal and what is legal, in some cases, has nothing to do with how harmful it is. It is just a matter of the culture, money/influence and what the laws are at the time.

But in Gordon's case, he cannot smoke weed if he wants to play in the NFL, IF that is what the issue is with him. These days if a person wants the positive effects of cannabis they can take THC free CBD oil. Which is what Gordon should have done if he felt it necessary for his heath.

Mental issues are tough, and the modern day world is extremely difficult for some to endure since so much has changed in our societies so fast without thinking of its effects. We humans make the mistake of forgetting we are animals, with instincts and reactions that are 1000s of years in the making and they are not used to what we bombard ourselves with on a daily basis.

Yet, you have to try and be responsible of if your are in positions where people dictate what you can put into your body.

Unfortunately for Gordon, I think this is it for his chances to play in the NFL.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Many here wanted him & this is exactly why you don’t claim guys like this.

He’s addicted to weed & has other issues as well. It’s just a matter of time before Randy Gregory does the same.

Gordon’s career is sadly over such a wasted talent much like Dweed Washington. Both had HOF talent

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It starts with a want. You have to want to quit. I was a smoker, a heavy smoker for a good 5 years or so. Pack and a half to 2 packs a day menthol(Players Menthol to be exact). When I reached legal drinking age, I'd go through 4 or 6 packs easy in a weekend(cigarettes were considerably cheaper in those days. I never paid more than $1.50 a pack). It was odd to not see me with a cigarette in my hand or mouth. I decided one day that it was time to quit. I set the date for 1/1/1987. As the clock struck midnight and the ball was dropping in Times Square, I crushed out the lit cigarette I was smoking and tossed out the half a pack of cigarettes I had left. Nearly 32 years later, with the exception of an occasional celebratory cigar(and by occasional I mean I might have smoked 10 cigars in that time period), I've been smoke and tobacco free(I even quit dip which I only did during softball season). Not surprisingly, I even curbed my drinking shortly thereafter because going to clubs was all too tempting to smoke. The only drawback is this was the time I started putting weight on and that's been a never ending battle since but I'd rather die by eating bacon, ribs, cannoli, and banana splits than by lung cancer.

Reaction score
All vices are tough to quit, the issue here of course is that some vices are illegal and some are not. What is illegal and what is legal, in some cases, has nothing to do with how harmful it is. It is just a matter of the culture, money/influence and what the laws are at the time.

But in Gordon's case, he cannot smoke weed if he wants to play in the NFL, IF that is what the issue is with him. These days if a person wants the positive effects of cannabis they can take THC free CBD oil. Which is what Gordon should have done if he felt it necessary for his heath.

Mental issues are tough, and the modern day world is extremely difficult for some to endure since so much has changed in our societies so fast without thinking of its effects. We humans make the mistake of forgetting we are animals, with instincts and reactions that are 1000s of years in the making and they are not used to what we bombard ourselves with on a daily basis.

Yet, you have to try and be responsible of if your are in positions where people dictate what you can put into your body.

Unfortunately for Gordon, I think this is it for his chances to play in the NFL.

THC has a lot of positive effects as well. It's not just the CBD.

Some are saying it is not an addiction but a mental health problem of severe depression. I'll buy that explanation.

I know first hand the positive effects of marijuana in the treatment of severe depression. It's better than Prozac or any of the hundreds of other meds used to treat it. It should be legalized everywhere.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But the patriots signed him...but...but...but

He's not addicted he just doesn't care. He's a clown and he's gonna be that guy till the day he dies.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He can't put aside the least addictive substance on the planet to make millions... I don't feel sorry for him. We all have problems and we get our heads right and DEAL with them.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
I feel badly for him - addiction is real, folks. And I'm not buying that it's just weed - speculation is that hard drugs is what he's addicted to.

He's not just some scrub on the corner getting high because he enjoys it - his livelihood depends on being clean. Does the NFL provide rehab and counseling? They should.

You mean the complete fiction movie about marijuana? Nothing about that film is remotely true.

No, but it was damn funny!

Reaction score
I feel badly for him - addiction is real, folks. And I'm not buying that it's just weed - speculation is that hard drugs is what he's addicted to.

He's not just some scrub on the corner getting high because he enjoys it - his livelihood depends on being clean. Does the NFL provide rehab and counseling? They should.

No, but it was damn funny!

To think some people actually believed it back then. Amazing how gullible some people are.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It starts with a want. You have to want to quit. I was a smoker, a heavy smoker for a good 5 years or so. Pack and a half to 2 packs a day menthol(Players Menthol to be exact). When I reached legal drinking age, I'd go through 4 or 6 packs easy in a weekend(cigarettes were considerably cheaper in those days. I never paid more than $1.50 a pack). It was odd to not see me with a cigarette in my hand or mouth. I decided one day that it was time to quit. I set the date for 1/1/1987. As the clock struck midnight and the ball was dropping in Times Square, I crushed out the lit cigarette I was smoking and tossed out the half a pack of cigarettes I had left. Nearly 32 years later, with the exception of an occasional celebratory cigar(and by occasional I mean I might have smoked 10 cigars in that time period), I've been smoke and tobacco free(I even quit dip which I only did during softball season). Not surprisingly, I even curbed my drinking shortly thereafter because going to clubs was all too tempting to smoke. The only drawback is this was the time I started putting weight on and that's been a never ending battle since but I'd rather die by eating bacon, ribs, cannoli, and banana splits than by lung cancer.

Well, if you think dying from progressive heart disease or diabetes is a piece of cake, you're kidding yourself.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
idk if I’d call it an addiction. He’s just an idiot.

I’ve had plenty of marijuana based experiences in my life and addictive is the wrong word. Fun and I don’t want to stop is the right word.

ReasonableMan, right...

Why don't you read up on his case; what he's actually suffering from and get back to us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky