Suns 2024-2025 Season Discussions

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns want to bring back Royce O'Neale, Josh Okogie and Bol Bol per Gambo.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Oh....and I admit I was wrong about Bol Bol. I thought he was a complete waste of a roster spot when they first picked him up.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am OK with all of those. They are legit bench pieces IMO.

The Suns are not going to get any better and the Suns will need to keep Royce O'Neal for their rotation and possible trade later on.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns are not going to get any better and the Suns will need to keep Royce O'Neal for their rotation and possible trade later on.
I am not ready to say that yet. Vets always fall through the cracks. However, we do need to hang on the ones that have been productive even if inconsistently.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not ready to say that yet. Vets always fall through the cracks. However, we do need to hang on the ones that have been productive even if inconsistently.

Except for O'Neale, who is a rotation player, I'm looking for players that can fill out a 15-man roster. Bol Bol and Okogie do that. It's hard to get much better depth for the money.

Suns really need to add depth in at least two key positions, center and point guard.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
The Suns want to bring back Royce O'Neale, Josh Okogie and Bol Bol per Gambo.

I hope someone locks Okogie in a gym and makes him shoot 1000 3pt shots a day. He doesn't need to be Grayson Allen, but he needs to hit at least a league average on wide open 3pt looks or else teams will just keep leaving him open to clog the paint.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope someone locks Okogie in a gym and makes him shoot 1000 3pt shots a day. He doesn't need to be Grayson Allen, but he needs to hit at least a league average on wide open 3pt looks or else teams will just keep leaving him open to clog the paint.

It might never happen. Okogie shoots only .402 from the field and .293 from 3-point range after 6 seasons.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like to have Daniel Theis on the Suns roster. I like his no nonsense play and toughness.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rumors are circulating Royce O'Neale will sign a 4-year deal with the Suns. This is being attributed to Marc Stein in a Substack story.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rumors are circulating Royce O'Neale will sign a 4-year deal with the Suns. This is being attributed to Marc Stein in a Substack story.

A four year deal? Wow. Didn’t expect it to be that long.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns really need O'Neale if nothing more than he is a rotation player and his salary can be used in a trade down the road.

They lose exclusive negotiating rights in five days.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns really need O'Neale if nothing more than he is a rotation player and his salary can be used in a trade down the road.

They lose exclusive negotiating rights in five days.
I like O'Neale and think he is a solid rotation player. I like it. As you stated, it's been speculated for months that the Suns could also use him in a trade at the next deadline if need be.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like O'Neale and think he is a solid rotation player. I like it. As you stated, it's been speculated for months that the Suns could also use him in a trade at the next deadline if need be.

The Suns may have to overpay for O'Neale, but that is on them. I doubt if any teams would throw a lot of money at him in free agency.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It might never happen. Okogie shoots only .402 from the field and .293 from 3-point range after 6 seasons.

I've never look at his % for shooting, but my gosh they are awful, even free throw shooting. Hopefully we can draft someone bigger and move on from JO. I like his heart and energy but in the NBA if you can't shoot you shouldn't be played or take up a roster spot these days, proved in the last 2 playoffs.

Cam Reddish is available, bigger and slightly better % lol.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope the Suns give James Wiseman a look. They need depth at center.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns can't find any better point guard candidates, get Raul Neto who I believe went to play overseas.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another point guard candidate, I wouldn't mind if the Suns could sign Reggie Jackson to a vet minimum contract.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh....and I admit I was wrong about Bol Bol. I thought he was a complete waste of a roster spot when they first picked him up.
Bol is the only one that really matters.

He could be a real useful bench player. I would be shocked however if he stays, I really think someone will offer him more than the min.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another point guard candidate, I wouldn't mind if the Suns could sign Reggie Jackson to a vet minimum contract.

He is 34 and the reason Denver was willing to let him go is because he was a liability on defense and was extremely inconsistent offensively last year. His age isn't going to improve that and commits dumb fouls because he can't stay in front of anybody.

The Suns may not have a better choice but not sure he fits the Mike B. defensive focus he allegedly has for this team.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is 34 and the reason Denver was willing to let him go is because he was a liability on defense and was extremely inconsistent offensively last year. His age isn't going to improve that and commits dumb fouls because he can't stay in front of anybody.

The Suns may not have a better choice but not sure he fits the Mike B. defensive focus he allegedly has for this team.

I still wouldn't mind having Jackson on the 15-man roster unless the Suns can find better. He was a thorn in the Suns side with the Clippers.