Suns @ Pacers 1-12-16

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
The Suns start a 3 game road trip against Indiana Boston and Minnesota.

Alex Len will be out for the whole trip and Price will be out for this game.

Here are the projected starting lineups and a link to Paul Coro's article.

Projected starting lineups
C: Tyson Chandler … Ian Mahinmi
PF: Jon Leuer … Lavoy Allen
SF: P.J. Tucker … Paul George
SG: Devin Booker … Monta Ellis
PG: Brandon Knight … Georgie Hill
Key Pacers reserves: Jordan Hill, C.J. Miles, Rodney Stuckey, Myles Turner, Glenn Robinson III.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...acers-without-alex-len-ronnie-price/78687736/

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good to see Len rest that hand.
Good luck to Archie Goodwin on his extended minutes tonight.:thumbup:

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
@paulcoro: Brandon Knight (ill) will not play in #SunsAtPacers tonight. Archie Goodwin, 21, will start with Devin Booker, 19. https://t.co/3KIaBYObS1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Be careful what you wish for....
This would seem to be the look a lot have asked for.

sent from a fone

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Be careful what you wish for....
This would seem to be the look a lot have asked for.

sent from a fone
I'll go out on a limb here and predict that they play hard and keep it somewhat close.

sent from a fone

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Holy Markieff Morris sighting lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Brown looks to have some decent playmaking ability.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Archie Goodwin not only had no idea how to run a team offense, he was scared as well.

Lorenzo Brown at the same time handed out two nice assists.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Archie Goodwin not only had no idea how to run a team offense, he was scared as well.

I didn't like his body language or energy when things went poorly. An example was when he cuts to the rim and Chandler gives him a low pass that's picked off. Goodwin stands there dejected for a good second before he slowly saunters back to the other end, allowing the Pacers to take advantage of a shorthanded defense.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The sons are playing lights out tonight[emoji56][emoji56][emoji56]

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
The sons are playing lights out tonight[emoji56][emoji56][emoji56]
Annie predicted that one team would come back low on energy after the lights came back on. Unfortunately, it was the Suns.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Annie predicted that one team would come back low on energy after the lights came back on. Unfortunately, it was the Suns.

Maybe that was part of it. And maybe it was Chandler coming in and Teletovic going to the bench. Not that Tyson was the problem but Tele's shooting got us into the game and with him on the bench we had very little offense out there.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Maybe that was part of it. And maybe it was Chandler coming in and Teletovic going to the bench. Not that Tyson was the problem but Tele's shooting got us into the game and with him on the bench we had very little offense out there.
I did wonder why Jeff took Tele out after making four 3's in a row.

Basic rule for shooters -- you encourage them to keep shooting until they miss.

One of the many reasons why we question many of Horny's decisions.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well, at least we're consistent. 17 times this season we've failed to reach the century mark, 17 losses.

Goodwin is not a point guard. Still think he needs to play 20+ minutes every night but he should be playing off the ball. Not that we have much of a choice right now with Bledsoe, Knight and Price all out. And Booker again showed why he's our future.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Morris is awful. And, as bad as the Suns' offense looked, it looks even worse when Knight is on the floor.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

I just can't pass up a perfectly terrible pun :)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any initial thoughts about Lorenzo Brown after playing only one game for the Suns?

He had 7 points, 5 rebounds and 5 turnovers. I consider the turnovers as excusable based upon his short time with the Suns. I'm always intrigued by new roster additions.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ugh still 5 worse teams than us record wise.

Look at our remaining schedule, we'll probably improve our draft opportunities in short order. Philly is safe but unless the Lakers goes into full tank mode, even the 2 spot is within range for us (barely). It probably won't happen but there's a reasonable chance that we won't cross the 20 win barrier this season.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Does anyone have any initial thoughts about Lorenzo Brown after playing only one game for the Suns?

He had 7 points, 5 rebounds and 5 turnovers. I consider the turnovers as excusable based upon his short time with the Suns. I'm always intrigued by new roster additions.

It looked to me that at least 2 of his turnovers were caused by Markieff not paying attention. But when there were offensive threats on the court with Brown our offense looked much better than it did with Goodwin running it. My first view is mildly optimistic but sometimes the warts don't show up immediately.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

He looked like he has better court vision than most of the PGs the Suns have had since Steve Nash. I felt the same way about Ish Smith.

Of course small sample size for Brown since it's only been one game.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He looked like he has better court vision than most of the PGs the Suns have had since Steve Nash. I felt the same way about Ish Smith.

This is hopeful, although one game is entirely to early evaluate Brown. Still I would like for the Suns to find a third PG that can at least make their 15 man roster with future potential. The Suns may choose to move one of their PGs later and it would be good to have another PG on board.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Totally agree.

He probably wont play again this season. lol

No seriously tho, I really liked his vision he looked like a true PG not just a guy looking to score. This team has too many indians, it needs a chief.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its been clear for a while we are in full tank mode. You even see it with Horny and McD. Someone took the "playoffs or bust" sign down and has given the mandate to develop the young players. They are more relaxed. The pressure is off. Here is what that will mean:

1. Weird rotations. Management and coaches will try to help the vets maintain their career stats by giving them lots of minutes in some games while sitting out completely others. Younger players will get lots of minutes in games, but every once-in-a while so they will sit alot. Of course, posters here will think Horny is looney, but there is a reason. Keeping up the stat levels also helps with trade value.

2. There will be alot of DNP's due to toe injuries, the flu, food poisoning, nagging injuries, and tendonitis.

Its OK that these things happen. It will not hurt Warren or Booker to get a night off every once in a while. Better that they get alot of minutes playing sharp than develop bad habits playing fatiqued. Its an entirely different strategy.