Tuesday Morning At Flagstaff!

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
First, let me start by saying; I am no Hardy Brown.

I am here for the next three practices and this morining was my first. Here are my 'random thoughts"

I left the glamor boys alone and focused all morning on the OL. Fellow fans, we have a OL coach. He is constantly teaching; I heard him yell three or four times when the OL did not finish plays. Mostly he coaches in a soft voice; the lineman seem very focused in what he is trying to teach; it is funny to see these huge guys looming around Looney and leaning in to hear and see.

Lutui has a lot to learn. Well and Big are our best and Big has never looked better. He was blocking Berry, individual drills, and just shut him down; he looked pro-bowl to me in is footwork (very quick and ballanced), blocking position and arms/hands.

Lecky just looks too small, Step was OK but nothing stood out. While watching the centers during individual drills, I did notice one thing. Gabe Watson is the real deal. He was just blowing them up and driving up the middle; you will have to double team this guy.

Our RT position is a freeway to the QB, Okeafor was looking like a pro bowler against whoever lined up there.

I have never seen a better team up here at Flagg, that includes the way they practice (hard with lots of energy) to the basic look of the players. There are beasts EVERYWHERE!

Note on Edge; this guy practices hard, every play. He slipped today and went down hard after a 6-yard gain to the outside. You could see the turf give way under his cut and he went down awkward and bounced and rolled. While I was swallowing my tounge, he bounced back up and ran back to the huddle. The next play was a swing pass to the right for number 32 who got about eight-yards that he finished with a diving extension of the ball out of bounds. Sheesh! What a stud.

Parting shot; after morning practice was over, Berry, Okeafor, and Dockett pulled off ther pads and just the three of them went to NE corner of the playing fields and started running sprints up the hill at the edge of the field; a very steep 25 yard rise with pines on the top. The ran about 5 of them while I watched and were still running as I turned to leave.

Ciao from the pines in Flagg!

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
:raccoon:

Thanks!

its good to know the RT position is a freeway to the QB! (thank god Ross will be back soon)

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great update but the RT position especially with Ross out is certainly a major concern.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
az jam said:
Great update but the RT position especially with Ross out is certainly a major concern.

To be fair, the RT position with Ross in the lineup is certainly a major concern.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Redheart said:
First, let me start by saying; I am no Hardy Brown.

quote]

thank you very much ...very well done...it's a nice diversion from work to check the site out from time to time for a few minutes..and when a piece is well written it is indeed a pleasure...thank you again

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
On Watson -

Pendy was on Jurecki shows this morning and afterwards Jurecki talked about Watson. MJ stated that Pendy has made a package just for Watson. It is called the Raven Package. In this package Okeafer and Dockett or Kendrick(forgot which DT comes out) come out, Watson and Smith come in to replace them. It is sort of a 5-2 big alignment.

Apparently coaches really like Smith and Watson as run stoppers and are trying everything they can to get them on the field together in obvious run downs.

Also Watson is listed at 340 but he is actually at 366 and doesnt look fat and isnt out of shape according to MJ and the Coaches so they like him at that weight. He is now the biggest guy at camp because Davis is hovering around 360.

Reaction score
az jam said:
After he signs...

maybe Leinart can play RT!!! :p

Thanks for the report, Red!

Early in the year, Watson will be the Cardinals top performing rookie, no doubt whatsoever!

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
On Watson -

Pendy was on Jurecki shows this morning and afterwards Jurecki talked about Watson. MJ stated that Pendy has made a package just for Watson. It is called the Raven Package. In this package Okeafer and Dockett or Kendrick(forgot which DT comes out) come out, Watson and Smith come in to replace them. It is sort of a 5-2 big alignment.

Apparently coaches really like Smith and Watson as run stoppers and are trying everything they can to get them on the field together in obvious run downs.

Also Watson is listed at 340 but he is actually at 366 and doesnt look fat and isnt out of shape according to MJ and the Coaches so they like him at that weight. He is now the biggest guy at camp because Davis is hovering around 360.
Also, just imagine how much better our Goal Line sets will be with him in the middle. We just have so much talent on the line, I would even say we have the deepest line in the NFL.

Also, good information Redheart.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
On Watson -

:jawdrop:

(Man, I love this smilie)

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
Lutui is slightly disappointing. I was hoping either Brown or Lutui would perform so that at the very least some depth would be available. The Ross injury hurts more when the young guys can't hold their own yet.

As for Big, I have a feeling that Edge and Loney have lit a fire under the big fella..... Oh yea, and a contract year helps, but something tells me it is a little (not completely) more than that. :)

seesred

Reaction score
Thanks to all of you reporters. I have a torn calf muscle so it's hard to get out and see our kids this year. With these kind of reports I feel like I'm there. Keep Em coming..

GBR

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
az1965 said:
You may not be "Hardy Brown", but this is really good stuff. Thanks!
He's close, though. He's "Hardly Brown."

:|

Good stuff; keep it coming. I was just kidding with the "hardly brown" jab. :thumbup:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05