Unless I'm mistaken

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quentin Groves signed a one year show me contract??

He needs to jump ahead of LSH and Lenon and get signed now. He neds to be locked up yesterday.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Groves needs to watch where he lines up. Looks to be offsides whenever he lines up on the line in a 3-point.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don't know. We picked him up off the scrap heap; these guys are out there every year. Maybe next it's Aaron Maybin. Maybe it's Vernon Gholston.

If he'll sign for whatever we have budgeted when we cut Stewart Bradley, good deal. I see no reason to extend LSH, but I'd like to get Lenon a little bump in salary for this year and make sure he has a deal for another three (of which he'll play two).

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Gee is right... hasn't he been around for like 4 years? That's a much larger body of mediocre work than his first two weeks. Not saying he might not be worthy and maybe he has finally found the right landing spot, but it is too early for him to vault ahead of guys who have been valuable assets to this team for years in the pecking order.

He did look great coming out of Auburn, so hopefully he has finally found a home here!

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gee is right... hasn't he been around for like 4 years? That's a much larger body of mediocre work than his first two weeks. Not saying he might not be worthy and maybe he has finally found the right landing spot, but it is too early for him to vault ahead of guys who have been valuable assets to this team for years in the pecking order.

He did look great coming out of Auburn, so hopefully he has finally found a home here!

He was stuck in a 4-3 system. Looks like he's the effect 3-4 OLB even as depth.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Groves needs to watch where he lines up. Looks to be offsides whenever he lines up on the line in a 3-point.

Wiz was livid when they called that offsides on him early in the game.

Nice job on the block and some decent pressure at times. Thank God he got his hand on the block or it would have been a roughing call.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
He was stuck in a 4-3 system. Looks like he's the effect 3-4 OLB even as depth.

The announcers were saying, "this guys a backup"! He's making people take notice. He was a very skilled rusher in college. Looks like the light has turned on for him here and he's bringing it again....no need to look draft possibly.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Wiz was livid when they called that offsides on him early in the game.

Nice job on the block and some decent pressure at times. Thank God he got his hand on the block or it would have been a roughing call.

Peterson can get some of the credit on this block. The kicker angled himself so as to kick the ball away from Peterson. This angle was probably just enough to allow the blocked kick as he only got it with one out stretched arm/hand. Having Campbell on the DL sure did not hurt on the missed FG. Even if he did not touch the ball you can be sure the kicker was aware of where he was and probably in the back of his mind.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I don't know. We picked him up off the scrap heap; these guys are out there every year. Maybe next it's Aaron Maybin. Maybe it's Vernon Gholston.

If he'll sign for whatever we have budgeted when we cut Stewart Bradley, good deal. I see no reason to extend LSH, but I'd like to get Lenon a little bump in salary for this year and make sure he has a deal for another three (of which he'll play two).

I do think we need to extend LSH. I think he very much adds to the team. He is one of our few open field runners and manages to squeeze out a few yards when running into the line.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
this is premature

if we get to week 11 and the guy has 8 sacks and is starting, then this makes sense

but I dont think its time to give a guy who just admitted in print that he coasted for four years a new contract.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I do think we need to extend LSH. I think he very much adds to the team. He is one of our few open field runners and manages to squeeze out a few yards when running into the line.

I don't know. I think we can take or leave LSH. I do like what he brings to the table, but by the end of the season, I also hope that Ryan Williams renders him expendable in the offense. If that happens, then he's just an average special teams player, and should be paid as such.

sphynx99

Reaction score
He looks like he has raw talent, but I'm a little concerned about his attention to the little things.

He lined up quite a bit offside last game.

When I went to Cards camp, they moved practice indoors due to rain. Groves ended up hitting Skelton, and Whiz gave him an earful then too.

I'd say give him a little more time to see if he will be a little more consistent in taking care of the details, before we lock him up. It may cost us, but it seems to be too much of a gamble at this point.

A fan who cares

Veteran
Reaction score
this is premature

if we get to week 11 and the guy has 8 sacks and is starting, then this makes sense

but I dont think its time to give a guy who just admitted in print that he coasted for four years a new contract.

QFT, its only week 2 and we don't know if this guy will consistently produce yet. Whiz has to think he's worthy to start first, then we can start thinking about the future contracts, especially if our record bad.

Vermont Maverick

Registered
Reaction score
Read the AZCardinals article. He spent a lot of time partying, not working, and it took a wakeup call from the Giants and another team saying basically he's not good enough. He needs to show that he can continue to work before anyone starts throwing a lot of money at him. No disprespect meant to Quintin, but I think even he now understands that based on the quotes in the article.

Moving him ahead of anyone on the team who has put in the time for years would not meet the new Cardinal mold - one which I like a lot.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser