Warner To Start Against Seattle

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
Jesus Christ Clif this is getting insane...yeah League MVPS, A superbowl win, amongst the top 10 of all time in passer rating, comp % etc.... :shrug:

Again you don't read very well do you? The statement was
Warner is a much better qualified QB than Josh ever will be.

what does his previous accomplishments have to do with whether or not Josh will ever win a superbowl?

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
gamebird98 said:
Thank You for a normal answer.....So, he has the equivalant of starting 1 season.

And the equivalant of 4 offseason programs, 4 training camps and 16 preseason games.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
Why because of the no hit injury he got? He survived behind a WORSE oline the first 3 weeks without getting injured on a hit.

LMAO He got hurt when no one was near him that makes me feel so much better.

Warner I hope you wrote your will

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
clif said:
Again though.. I have heard damn near every interview, read every article, listening to plenty of pre and post games reports and have never heard anyone say.. well Josh has this mechanical problem that we are working with him on. Not saying they don't work on stuff like that, but I would think it would be a major sticking point if I was trying to help a young QB improve.

Case in point. Anyone remember when David Carr came out and how they continually worked on his release point by using ladders for him to throw over. I have not seen or heard any evidence of that kind of attention paid to this kid's mechanics.

ANother example is Drew Henson, baseball changed his throwing motion, Cowboys trying to change it back. Been discussed on tv.

But if I may, you hear that stuff about first round picks like Carr, or high profile guys like Henson. I'm not so sure you hear that stuff about guys like Josh who were never highly touted?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:

Warner I hope you wrote your will

I had the same reaction when I read that, why would his injury coming untouched make it any better?

That injury changed my entire perception of this season, after that I no longer trusted that Kurt could stay healthy.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:

A lot of injuries happen from non-hit plays. Most knee injuries happen when your cleats get stuck in the turf or grass. Boldins knee injuries of the past didnt come from a hit.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
A lot of injuries happen from non-hit plays. Most knee injuries happen when your cleats get stuck in the turf or grass. Boldins knee injuries of the past didnt come from a hit.

True but Kurt just kind of fell down, I don't think the leg locked or anything like that.

I don't know to me Warner's injury just screamed old QB, not fluke injury.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
clif said:
what does his previous accomplishments have to do with whether or not Josh will ever win a superbowl?
Leopards don't change their spots. :shrug:

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
ANother example is Drew Henson, baseball changed his throwing motion, Cowboys trying to change it back. Been discussed on tv.

But if I may, you hear that stuff about first round picks like Carr, or high profile guys like Henson. I'm not so sure you hear that stuff about guys like Josh who were never highly touted?

I'm talking from a local perspective. Not a national one. Sure a #1 pick working on mechanics would be a big story.

Point being that you implied in your earlier post that Josh panics and just slings the ball and forgets his mechanics.. well that of course could be true, but to that I am saying where is the evidence he has actual been taught proper mechanics? We all agree the previous coaching staff sucked..so why would it be a foregone conclusion that they were actually teaching anything?

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
clif said:
I'm talking from a local perspective. Not a national one. Sure a #1 pick working on mechanics would be a big story.

Point being that you implied in your earlier post that Josh panics and just slings the ball and forgets his mechanics.. well that of course could be true, but to that I am saying where is the evidence he has actual been taught proper mechanics? We all agree the previous coaching staff sucked..so why would it be a foregone conclusion that they were actually teaching anything?

There isn't any because Denny blocks off the media. We don't know one way or the other

Add to that another question ... if the same person who is the one that made this abomination of an Oline is the same person who is going to choose our QB of the future, why do people have blind faith that he will choose the right one?

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Pariah said:
Because he's not as good?

But again the numbers or record don't show that Kurt is any better! We can talk about superbowls and Mvp's all day.. but at the end of the day.. it is no more valid than DG's win loss record in Minn.

Look I get that people don't like Josh. He has his faults, but to suggest that Warner will come in and light it up is false hope.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
clif said:
to suggest that Warner will come in and light it up
I'm quite certain that no one is suggesting this. That's why everyone that see Josh as a backup QB in the NFL is calling for the QB position to be addressed properly in the off-season.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Josh was responsible for hiding Iraq's WMD's...Denny found out about it...benched him.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
There isn't any because Denny blocks off the media. We don't know one way or the other

Your're right... so how can we assume what he's being taught? Russ's post lead me to believe that Josh loses his focus and forgets what he learned. My point was that we don't know for sure what he learned.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
clif said:
Look I get that people don't like Josh. He has his faults, but to suggest that Warner will come in and light it up is false hope.

Do you have a reading comprehension problem? Coz no one said he was gonna "light it up". Just that he has proven that he is a better QB than McCown. If you arent gonna use the facts that confront you and choose to ignore his MVP's, Superbowl wins, comp % than I dont have anything else to say.

I guess we can ignore the effects of Hurrican Katrina the next time one heads for the shores of Lousianna but that wouldn't be very smart now would it?

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Pariah said:
I'm quite certain that no one is suggesting this. That's why everyone that see Josh as a backup QB in the NFL is calling for the QB position to be addressed properly in the off-season.

I call it a band aid type fix. I have higher hopes that moving some people on the Oline or starting JJ would offer more of a "spark" than going back to bench warmer.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
Do you have a reading comprehension problem? Coz no one said he was gonna "light it up". Just that he has proven that he is a better QB than McCown. If you arent gonna use the facts that confront you and choose to ignore his MVP's, Superbowl wins, comp % than I dont have anything else to say.

I guess we can ignore the effects of Hurrican Katrina the next time one heads for the shores of Lousianna but that wouldn't be very smart now would it?

Boy you missed the point didn't you.

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
Josh has 4 starts Kurt has 3 as I said. How do you get 2-5?

As you say

Josh Sf, Car, Tenn,Cowgirls
Kurt first 3

4-3.

Will be 4-4 after Sunday.
Correct 4-4 after Sunday....but you said" This will be 4-3 Kurt right rats" not 4-3 Josh...read what you wrote man.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SWD said:
Josh has 4 starts Kurt has 3 as I said. How do you get 2-5?

As you say

Josh Sf, Car, Tenn,Cowgirls
Kurt first 3

4-3.

Will be 4-4 after Sunday.
Rats said:
Correct 4-4 after Sunday....but you said" This will be 4-3 Kurt right rats" not 4-3 Josh...read what you wrote man.
My head hurts. I have no idea what you guys are talking about. I know people say that and don't always mean it--but I really mean it. This makes zero sense to me. :confused:

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
Add to that another question ... if the same person who is the one that made this abomination of an Oline is the same person who is going to choose our QB of the future, why do people have blind faith that he will choose the right one?

The silence is deafening

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
jefftheshark said:
Is Warner going to magically make our line better at run blocking? Will Warner be playing MLB and actually making a tackle on a running back?

We can't run and we can't stop the run. Searching for excuses isn't a problem when the reasons for losses are obvious.

The Shark

An experienced QB who recognizes defenses and how to check off plays in fact sometimes can make an OL look better. This is still a team game. He may fall on his ass but he may be our only option for a QB next year so let us see what happens. Our big problem will not be the OL or Warner but stopping that horse of a running back they have. Actually it is sort of a no brainer starting Warner. I just do not think Josh will be here next year. Like someone posted I think he will be a backup for some team but not here. If Warner does not play well I would not be surprised to see Navarre get his shot before the year is over. In todays USA Today they showed teams that had the most changes from the opening day starting lineup. Guess what. We lead with 7 guys playing who were not starters on opening day. Swinton has moved up to #5 in the NFL in punt return yardage. Between Swinton,Player, and Racker we do well.