This certainly isn’t the Kyler we’re used to….

Goodyear Card

Link Guy
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with KM physical skills. It is the mental part he needs to improve. He needs to improve in reading defensives and finding the open receiver. He needs to know which receivers are open before the ball is thrown and to throw receivers open. He should have spent those 100 hours in the film room.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with KM physical skills. It is the mental part he needs to improve. He needs to improve in reading defensives and finding the open receiver. He needs to know which receivers are open before the ball is thrown and to throw receivers open. He should have spent those 100 hours in the film room.
You can stop the ignorant hate now.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
that would have been some compelling youtube

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You understand that this was the off season and he couldn't do that right? They can't have an organized team event at the team facility.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But I will give you this...

, "I was (expletive) miserable after losses," the Cardinals quarterback said, and after watching hours of old video of himself he saw some great plays but a good many where he wondered why he was doing what he was doing.

He said he spent much of the off season watching tape of his old games and he realized back then he thought he had it all down and now he sees the flaws in his game and is working on them.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is leaps and bounds a different Kyler then we saw the first 4 years. Im happy to see it. Im sure the film study habits have improved as well just by watching this alone and his passion for winning. Bringing damn near the entire offense together for a week of training/comradery on his own dime all first class speaks volumes to me. Of course we all hope it translates.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is leaps and bounds a different Kyler then we saw the first 4 years. Im happy to see it. Im sure the film study habits have improved as well just by watching this alone and his passion for winning. Bringing damn near the entire offense together for a week of training/comradery on his own dime all first class speaks volumes to me. Of course we all hope it translates.

What a place too. He spent some big money

urs

All Star
Reaction score
What a joke

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The trip really was a great thing to be able to do. It helps that most of our offense is young/don't have families to worry about spending time with.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
when you see how fast players come and go in this league - when you hear the haters while watching the other qbs succeed while you're out of commission with an injury of that magnitude - that's gotta be crazy hard

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think he's actually excited for this offense which is totally different from what he's played his whole life. I think he now sees that being under center more, plus having a run game can open up so much more for him. I believe we'll see the best version of Kyler now.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
For Kyler its more about the little nuances in the pocket being added to his game. Also working on things as a 5'10" QB to overcome certain things.

Lost contact with someone close to K1's dad. But the thing I heard was he had him training like he's 6'2". Wish he worked with a Jordan Palmer or another outside perspective to get him there. Then again maybe they did this offseason.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
when you see how fast players come and go in this league - when you hear the haters while watching the other qbs succeed while you're out of commission with an injury of that magnitude - that's gotta be crazy hard
Yup. I'm glad he did the hard self-reflection, didn't like what he saw, and made needed changes. I hope they pay off.