Preseason: Mavericks @ Suns 10-14-16

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think this draft class may very well save McD's job and be the core that brings us back to regular contention. Ulis, Bender, and especially Chriss have all flashed very exciting potential so far between SL and preseason. There will certainly be some growing pains. Ulis needs to put on some muscle to compete on the defensive end. He already is a great floor general. Bender is a freak of nature the way he can move at his size and possesses great BB IQ. He is not currently being put in a position offensively to succeed yet. He has the potential to be be a guy who can initiate offense and be a playmaker at the 4 ala Diaw/Odom. Chriss has been the biggest surprise with how much he's improved since college ended. He has a sweet jumper, a surprisingly advanced offensive repertoire with spins, fade-away jumpers, and he even hit a couple dagger 3's with a hand in his face. Aside from the offense his rebounding has been a pleasant surprise. He has a long way to go on the defensive end but you can tell the effort is there and he's shown he is coachable. I mean c'mon he learned how to box out since SL which Amare never learned his whole career. Between the Rooks and Booker, Warren, and hopefully Len I'm excited about the future again finally

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I live in Utah and get Fox Sports Arizona on Dish, and while I can watch all of the Yotes and DBacks for "free", I have to subscribe to League Pass to get the Suns. Probably due to the Jazz.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I live in Utah and get Fox Sports Arizona on Dish, and while I can watch all of the Yotes and DBacks for "free", I have to subscribe to League Pass to get the Suns. Probably due to the Jazz.

No, I think that's for anyone on any system (digital satellite, FIOS or cable) that resides outside the Phoenix market.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No, I think that's for anyone on any system (digital satellite, FIOS or cable) that resides outside the Phoenix market.
What I mean is, I get the other AZ pro sports on FSAZ just fine. But since there is a pro BB team here, FSAZ isn't my "native market" for BB. May very well be that way just because it is NBA (rights) and not due to the Jazz.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I mean is, I get the other AZ pro sports on FSAZ just fine. But since there is a pro BB team here, FSAZ isn't my "native market" for BB. May very well be that way just because it is NBA (rights) and not due to the Jazz.

It is. It seems a fine distinction but yeah, each league determines the home markets for every team. Having the Jazz in your area would keep the Suns out but even if the Jazz moved to Las Vegas, it wouldn't mean you'd all of a sudden get the Suns games. Most likely they'd call Vegas your home market. It's weird too because each league does it a little differently.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think this draft class may very well save McD's job and be the core that brings us back to regular contention. Ulis, Bender, and especially Chriss have all flashed very exciting potential so far between SL and preseason. There will certainly be some growing pains. Ulis needs to put on some muscle to compete on the defensive end. He already is a great floor general. Bender is a freak of nature the way he can move at his size and possesses great BB IQ. He is not currently being put in a position offensively to succeed yet. He has the potential to be be a guy who can initiate offense and be a playmaker at the 4 ala Diaw/Odom. Chriss has been the biggest surprise with how much he's improved since college ended. He has a sweet jumper, a surprisingly advanced offensive repertoire with spins, fade-away jumpers, and he even hit a couple dagger 3's with a hand in his face. Aside from the offense his rebounding has been a pleasant surprise. He has a long way to go on the defensive end but you can tell the effort is there and he's shown he is coachable. I mean c'mon he learned how to box out since SL which Amare never learned his whole career. Between the Rooks and Booker, Warren, and hopefully Len I'm excited about the future again finally

Chriss' rim protection has been good with over 2 blocks a game. I would love to see his rebounding improve some. He could be a really versatile stretch 4.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm excited to watch Booker and Criss this year.

First time in a LOOOOOONG time I've had any reason to watch this team.

Errntknght

Reaction score
I've had Dish Network for about a decade and they always have the Suns games, provided you're in Arizona and have Fox Sports Arizona in your channel lineup. I have the "Everything Package" so I'm not sure which tiers that comes in standard or what tier you have. Chances are you have it though considering you brought it up to the sales rep. Fox Sports AZ is channel 415 on Dish. Sometimes early in the season there is scheduling conflicts with Coyotes games and later in the season sometimes there will be a conflict with Diamondback games. When that happens FS-AZ airs one of the games on the SD version of the channel and the other game on the HD version of the channel. Both are channel 415 but you should be able to see both in your interactive guide thing. That's only if they overlap in the times they're played. The guide only lets you look ahead about 7 days so that may be why you don't see anything if you search.

I believe all Suns games air on FS-AZ now so you should get them all, provided you have that channel. The only time they aren't on there is if they're airing nationally and I doubt the Suns have very many nationally televised games this season. Those would air on TNT (#138), ESPN (#140), NBA-TV (#156) or ABC (#15) though. Those are the channel numbers, if you get those stations then you'll be good for the season. Hope that helps you out.

Thanks Kingdad. I do live in Phoenix so it sounds like I will get the Suns games this season. It wouldn't have too painful last year but I'm excited about watching them again this season. Its no big deal if I miss a few games because of conflicts...

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake