Suns 2024-2025 Season Discussions

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had written a response but decided it was better to delete it since you're just going to keep this going. Nothing to see here though, KD is a model teammate and isn't causing any sort of issues for the Suns.
Yet you still responded keeping this going by doubling down, repeating the same nonsense with something NOBODY in this entire forum is saying but YOU.

There's so much more talent and ability you overlook ALL the baggage. The scales tip in favor of what they bring to the team.
This right here is what people were thinking. Not that KD didn't come with baggage or risk. Nobody was thinking KD was a model teammate or there was zero chance he was going to want to be moved again if unhappy. The hope is that he could do what he has done before despite all of that. NOBODY thought KD was going to change his stripes and live happily ever after here and ride into the sunset with us. Heck many of us said this is a 2 to 3 year experiment and then the Suns should be ready to move on. It just sucks this didn't appear to work out and cost us so much to do.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I can say to this running "conflict" is that trying to win an internet argument is an exercise in futility and in the end, all it usually does is create more internet arguments.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I can say to this running "conflict" is that trying to win an internet argument is an exercise in futility and in the end, all it usually does is create more internet arguments.
Agreed but so is taking pot shots at everyone who supported a trade every chance you get. That is going to cause arguments too. None of us can change what happened. All the pot shots in the world are not going to change the trade, what we paid or what we are dealing with now.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I agree. I try to let it go and then it starts back up because I said KD was like Ayton, in that I believe the Suns will be better and more enjoyable when he's gone. That turned into a mess because someone decided I was comparing KD to Ayton as players. Rather than specifically ask for clarification though, they decided to take a pot shot and then here comes the peanut gallery.

I'll try and work on my end of it as I can only control what I respond to.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Matt Tellem as assistant general manager and Brian Gregory as vice president of player programming. I really hope revamping this front office has positive results.

Tellem spent 13 years with the Brooklyn Nets organization. Most recently vice president of strategy for the 2023-24 season and as senior director of salary cap and strategy in 2022-23. Gregory has 19 seasons as a head coach in NCAA Division I men’s basketball.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I agree. I try to let it go and then it starts back up because I said KD was like Ayton, in that I believe the Suns will be better and more enjoyable when he's gone. That turned into a mess because someone decided I was comparing KD to Ayton as players. Rather than specifically ask for clarification though, they decided to take a pot shot and then here comes the peanut gallery.

I'll try and work on my end of it as I can only control what I respond to.
A pot shot. That's rich. I didn't call you an idiot, did I? And certainly didn't extend the little jabs you took after the fact.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A pot shot. That's rich. I didn't call you an idiot, did I? And certainly didn't extend the little jabs you took after the fact.

I spelled it out for ya, Chap. I'm sorry you have this need to be a victim. Now answer this question, did you or did not try insinuating I was comparing KD to Ayton?

Regardless of that answer, it was clear you were mocking the idea anyone would put Ayton and KD's name in ths same sentence.

If you aren't willing to discuss it so we can move past it, please don't respond.

Last edited:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Might be a good Eubanks replacement?
Eh. He's ok I guess, but he is old and getting older. Not exactly a floor spacer either.

I would rather go young guy with some potential personally - but maybe that is because I gives us a one tenth of one percent chance of actually being a contender.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kevin Looney is solid. I'd really like for him to be in the Suns rotation if they can figure out a way to acquire him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns can begin negotiations with Royce O'Neale tomorrow.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
You guys are burying the lede. The main inference is that our odds are much lower to win a championship than they were a year ago. The experts have seen that our "big 3" isn't that great and that a mercenary collection of bench players isn't good enough.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys are burying the lede. The main inference is that our odds are much lower to win a championship than they were a year ago. The experts have seen that our "big 3" isn't that great and that a mercenary collection of bench players isn't good enough.
I think we need to add 2 quality rotation players and have good health all season just to fall in with the other pretenders (LAL, GSW, LAC etc.)

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I thought we've all talked about how we weren't contenders for months now. Our first round sweep showed that much more than some bookmakers odds.