Suns Training Camp, October 1st through 4th, 2024

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bud is saying we're going to shoot more 3s and he's saying Grayson will be coming off the bench - and it all makes sense to me

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
You mean he will play power forward for us? You are probably correct, after all he is now one of the biggest guys on our team of guards.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
They are slightly better, which is an accomplishment considering how limited we are by the 2nd apron. But this team is far from good enough to compete with the elite teams if we play remotely similar to last season.
Please, what is your definition of "slightly"? The very fact that they are point guards is one up on Gordon, and talent wise, they are loads better than Eric Gordon, whose stats for us were fools gold.

I get you want to be negative about the team, but come on, how come you can't give credit where credit is due?

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
They are slightly better, which is an accomplishment considering how limited we are by the 2nd apron. But this team is far from good enough to compete with the elite teams if we play remotely similar to last season.

If replacing a has-been shooting guard with a legitimate starting point guard and a solid backup point guard is "slight" improvement, I'd love to hear what you would consider "significant" improvement would be. Jru Holiday? 28 year-old Chris Paul? They went from absolute zero to a solid PG rotation that will allow Booker, Beal and Durant to do what they do best instead of having to pretend to be point guards.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
If replacing a has-been shooting guard with a legitimate starting point guard and a solid backup point guard is "slight" improvement, I'd love to hear what you would consider "significant" improvement would be. Jru Holiday? 28 year-old Chris Paul? They went from absolute zero to a solid PG rotation that will allow Booker, Beal and Durant to do what they do best instead of having to pretend to be point guards.
Plus, I am reading little tidbits here and there about what a wreck our back up center position was. Plus you look at the numbers, which were horrible. No wonder they went with a pros pro in Plumlee this time. They went for the safe bet. Plus he plays similar to the starter. That position alone is seeing a major upgrade. Let alone two super low turn over PGs of whom neither position was even on the roster last year!

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Plus, I am reading little tidbits here and there about what a wreck our back up center position was. Plus you look at the numbers, which were horrible. No wonder they went with a pros pro in Plumlee this time. They went for the safe bet. Plus he plays similar to the starter. That position alone is seeing a major upgrade. Let alone two super low turn over PGs of whom neither position was even on the roster last year!

Plumlee and Nurk are vastly different. Plumlee would have been solid in Vogel's schemes because he's an athletic big that plays within 10 feet of the basket. He's like a poor man's JaVale McGee. That isn't Nurk, never has been. While I like Plumlee as a backup here he's an odd fit for Coach Bud's offense. Nurk is a poor man's Jokic, can pass and play the post while being a beast on the boards but that's about it.

Frank is more of a Bud style Center and does play more like Nurk on offense but he's a bad screen setter and afraid of hard contact and getting physical. That's not Nurk or Plumlee.

The 3 Centers we have are quite different though so really don't understand how you are getting the idea we brought in backups who play the same as Nurk.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Gerald Bourguet
@GeraldBourguet
·
46s

Damion Lee on his recovery from injury: "It's been a journey. Oct. 10 will be a year out of surgery, and like I explained before, I initially went in for a regular meniscus injury. Come to find out it was a root tear, then come to find out both roots were off."
Kinda makes sense now.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
if you are hoping for any real improvement he better be, because in terms of players who will actually get playing time all we have done is replace Gordon with Tyus and Eubanks with Plumlee.
Both upgrades at positions of big need.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I guess the whole reason to get two low turnover competent pgs and a new coach is so they . . . won’t.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Please, what is your definition of "slightly"? The very fact that they are point guards is one up on Gordon, and talent wise, they are loads better than Eric Gordon, whose stats for us were fools gold.

I get you want to be negative about the team, but come on, how come you can't give credit where credit is due?
I think having a 6 foot guy, instead of another 6'5 guy in the lineup probably cancels out the improvement in turnovers we will get from Jones. The team was already undersized, now it is really undersized.

Also I don't see how Grayson is going to get more than 25 minutes a game which also is not a good thing.

Yes, Bud could help us by getting us to shoot more 3's and increase pace - but that alone is not going to be enough to compensate for our lack of defense, rebounding, and lack of size. I mean it might mean we win 55 regular season games instead of 49 - but come the playoffs I don't see how the results are any different than last year because the team has the same flaws.

I don't want to be negative. I want to have hope - I just don't see why I should.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake